This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS. All opinions are mine alone. #CallAnEatible #SkittlesHomegating #CollectiveBias
Entertaining comes second nature in my household, as we frequently host gatherings for family and friends to enjoy. With football season upon us, I am excited to spice it up with an at-home tailgating session to root on our favorite teams at kickoff!On the day of the big game, turn your home into an NFL homegating headquarters with a good ol’ fashion game of Skittles® Pong. Come one come all, you don’t even have to be athletic to play. It offers an extra dose of friendly competition during half time and commercials – sweat free!
- A long table
- 12-20 paper or plastic cups
- Two 8.5×11 pieces of paper
- Two varieties of Skittles
- Football field table runner (optional)
Skittle Pong Rules
- Set up cups in a triangle of six or ten – You choose the intensity level – at each end of the table.
- Fold two paper footballs, one for each team.
- Flip a coin to see which team plays offense first.
- Start the game by tossing skittles into the cups. Each team gets four shots, alternate between partners.
- A touchdown is scored after three skittles make it in to a single cup. Remove the cup.
- Once a player “scores” they kick a “field goal” for extra points by punting a paper football into opponent’s finger goal posts. To do this, place the football vertically, pressing one point with your index finger onto the surface to keep it steady. Once ready, flick the football with your free index finger towards the goal posts.
- If successful, you are given another turn.
- First to “touchdown” and remove all of the opponents cups is victorious. Score!
Feel free to mix it up with your own version of house rules. Winner gets to polish off the Skittles of course!Teams don’t call the same plays week after week; mix up your game time spread too. Score some extra points and send in Skittles to bring a colorful addition to the table. Snag Skittles from your local Giant Eagle between 8/1/16 – 10/31/16 and enter to win NFL tickets and and NFLShop gift cards in the Call an Eatible competition.
Are you ready for the next Big Game? Consider hosting a homegating celebration of your own!