So you made a packing list for your next big adventure…but did you check it twice?
The feeling is all too familiar: waiting patiently at the airport gate to board your next plane, when suddenly you remember the toothbrush you left by the bathroom sink or the charger plugged in by your bedside table. A pang of frustration radiates through your body. How will I survive this trip?
Let’s face it, even the most organized of traveler commonly forgets the essentials. Before jetting off on your next getaway, be sure these necessities have made it into your weekender bag!
- Passport: A total no brainer, right? You’d be surprised how many travelers leave this valuable document behind.
- Reusable water bottle: Staying hydrated during travel is key! While it may mean extra trips to the lavatory, drinking lots of water before and during your flight can help fight jet lag and fatigue.Stash an empty bottle into your bag to fill up post airport security.
- Headphones: Let’s face it, the flimsy airport ear buds with poor sound quality will be frustrating as you strain to hear the in flight movie. Use #2? Sleeping over that crying baby a few seats over.
- Sunscreen: Whether headed to soak up sun in the tropics or ski the mountain slopes, it is key to protect your skin from those dangerous rays.
- Moisturizing lip balm: Keep that pooch oh-so-kissable, because, well you never know when the occasion will arise.
- Battery pack: From cell phone to iPad, Camera to Kindle, everything we use these days needs a little juice. Don’t be stuck without a charge.
- Adapter & converters: A dual country adapter is perfect for international excursions.
- Cleansing wipes: For those long haul flights when you need a portable shower to wash away the beads of sweat.
- Travel journal: Inspiration has a way of striking in the midst of travels. Keep a pen and paper handy so you can document your experience to look back at for years to come.
- Tide-to-go pen: Accidents happen and if you are as clumsy as me, red wine will inevitably end up on your white tee.
- Facial regimen: Stress and fatty foods are commonplace when traveling. Keep your skin glowing and blemish-free with a go-to face wash kit.
- Chewing gum: My favorite magical cure for popping ears on take off and landing.
- Dry shampoo: For those long haul flights or days when you don’t have the luxury of a shower at your disposal.
- Hand lotion: Keep your hands as hydrated as the rest of your body.
- Pain medication: Don’t let migraines, cramps, or hangovers ruin your holiday fun!
- Headband: Keep your hair out of your face while making a funky fashion statement.
- Extra memory card: Because there is no such thing as taking too many travel photos.
My Vera Bradley large duffel bag is the perfect companion for traveling. An easy access outside pocket keeps travel documents close at hand and its roomy central compartment allows for flexibility in packing with a size that is carry-on compliant. The best part? I’m always traveling in style!
This post is sponsored by Vera Bradley and Her Campus Media. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Sea Salt Secrets possible!