Men are simple beings. Sure, they get a bad rap for failing to notice minor details or pick up on the subtle hints women are renowned for dropping. The bright side of this? Those flaws and imperfections we harp on as women? Most men find these trivial.
1. Which shade of Essie our nails are rocking, if they’re chipped, or if they’re naked. (Essie link)
2. Leg stubble.
3. If we make more money. Gone are the days of financial superiority being emasculating, The new age “George Clooney Effect” leaves many men seeking a woman who can hold her own; one who is smart, powerful and self-sufficient. 87% of single men would date a woman who makes ‘considerably more’ money and is considerably better-educated and more intellectual than themselves . 78% of women desire their own bank account. I’m sure our guys would be more than happy to be a stay at home dad.
4. If we make the first move. We may think it shows our desperation, but in reality, they are grateful to have the pressure taken off. Grab the reins and plan a date or initiate a passion session every once in a while ladies!
5. What we look like naked. Our muffin top, cellulite, and boobie size all go out the window when it comes down to it. Unless they look like Marky Mark’s Calvin Klein underwear, they shouldn’t expect us to look like a Victoria’s Secret Angel.
6. Our dark as night roots, or that we cut a centimeter off our hair. Please don’t be offended if they don’t notice your new ‘do. Men are oblivious, remember?
7. What we look like rolling out of bed. If our face is made up., au naturel..or if we have pale skin rather than a fake-n-bake.
8. If we have other friends to spend time with. Women today desire more time with friends (64% women; 55% men), more personal space (90% women; 78% men), and to pursue their own hobbies and interests (93% women, 88% men). Single women are also slower to want to move in with a new partner, thus maintaining their independence.
9. Designer brands.
10. What we eat. Indulge and opt for that double cheeseburger over the salad on a date. Followed by a triple decker sundae for dessert. For most guys, that would be the ultimate turn on.
While not a single gal myself (hey babe, I know you’re reading this!) I know my unhitched friends would be surprised by the statistics in this live stream of #singlesinamerica by Match.com.
And hey, if you can’t find a man who accepts you in all your imperfect glory, it’s perfectly okay to be single this Valentine’s Day ladies!