Supplies: Some type of seasonal beer or better yet, Rumple Minze or Fireball if you’re feeling festive.
# of Players: In the spirit of the holidays, the more the merrier!
Objective: Drink so much you forget all the calories you ate today.
Now who’s ready to turn up for Turkey Day?
Thanksgiving Drinking Game
Take a drink* every time:
1. Someone asks “when are we going to eat?”
2. Someone makes their “signature” dish, which is disgusting but no one has the heart to tell them.
3. For every person you are forced to hug or kiss whose name you can’t remember.
4. Someone unbuttons their pants.
5. Someone blames Obama
6. Someone refers to the turkey as moist or dry
7. Someone falls asleep.
8. You hear Christmas music. #toosoon
9. You are locked out of the bathroom by grandpa.
10. Someone actually eats the canned cranberry sauce.
*Drink is up for your interpretation, sip or gulp, I know every family is different
Take a shot every time:
1. You receive a mass “Happy Thanksgiving!” text
2. 15 minutes pass after planned dinner time, before the feast is actually served.
3. Aunt Betty asks about your love life. Bonus points if she knows full well you are single.
4. Someone says “I can’t believe it’s Thanksgiving already.” followed closely by saying, “It’ll be Christmas before you know it!”
5. Someone moans uncomfortably when standing up
Shotgun a beer every time:
1. You are compared to your more successful sibling
2. You are awkwardly asked to tell what you’re thankful for. (My family, duh!)
3. Uncle Frank yells at the game on the TV
4. A debate ensues over if tryptophan in turkey really makes you sleepy
5. You have to resist that second (or third) helping of pie.
*If the river’s running dry at this point, run to the store for some big batch cocktails
Chug an entire bottle of wine every time:
1. Someone says their diet starts tomorrow. Obviously a lie because…holidays. That’s what New Years Resolutions are for.
2. Someone picks up and leaves the family for Black Friday shopping #priorities
3. The host tries to force leftovers upon leaving guests, leading into a contest to see who can out-polite the other.
Game Over: You’re too sloshed to hold a conversation with grandma anymore. Or on Black(out) Friday, whichever comes last.
Hey, you have three days to recover, so drink up! Cheers!
All jokes aside, next week I will have a post featuring all I am truly grateful for.
ps. use code: TURKEY for 25% off any ad space until Black Friday!