Recipe of the week, duh. Clearly I think I’m Betty Crocker all of the sudden. Soon enough, I’m gonna need a tab devoted to this.
In college, when it comes to alcohol, there is a trade off involved. Quality, taste, how quick you get drunk, and price. You get to pick two. Apply that same logic to food and you have the perfect dessert to whip up for your next cookout this summer: 3-ingredient, stupid simple berry cobbler.
1 (12-ounce) can diet lemon-lime soda
1 box white cake mix
2 (16-ounce) bags frozen berries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Place both bags of frozen fruit into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish (do not thaw).
Fresh fruit is great too, when in season.
3. Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top of frozen fruit.
4. Pour entire can of diet soda over the mixture.
5. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes.
6. Uncover and bake an additional 40 minutes.
7. Let cool and serve.
Voila! Enjoy with a glass of milk indoors or an iced sangria on the patio! And did I mention, it’s Weight Watchers approved?