For all you ladies out there who’s favorite part is the actual game and give two hoots that the Seahawks are playing the Broncos, I salute you! For the rest of us, the commercials, half-time show, and an excuse to stuff our face with food and booze, surrounded by family and friends is reason enough to pretend we care. Amurrrica!
|Hi, this is the closest I’ve ever been to a football.|
My mother has always taken off the Monday after Super Bowl Sunday in lieu of MLK Day, prepping for the impending hangover/food coma that is sure to ensue, I intend to do the same once I’m in the Real World. Let’s make appeasing the men in your life a tad easier, by throwing an amaze-balls Super Bowl party. Follow these tips and become the Hostess with the Mostess.
Literally dying of all these outrageous Snack Stadiums.
25 more super bowl snackers I’m loving.
Chicken wing cupcakes complete with bleu cheese icing. Yum?
Also drooling over these recipes better than hot wings.
Are these nails real life?!
And of course, us ladies are going to need a drinking game to keep our attention. Out of these darling mason jars of course.
I’m so sure we each need one of these bad boys in our hands to assist in stuffing our faces.
Rate the Superbowl commercials
This Velveeta shortage could be problematic considering the marijuana legalization, but that’s neither here nor there.
The million dollar question: Who the heck picks the half time performers? Is there a pre-req that you must be AARP eligible to be considered? Madonna? The Who? Bruce? Tom Petty? This year, I am going to be one happy girl. The Chili Peppers, who I’ve seen twice live (of the five concerts I’ve ever been to) will be performing! Not sure they’ll top lady B though, Lezbeyonce.
Now we’re gonna play along with Sarah’s fun little game, since I am football-blivious. I could probably have just as easily Googled these answers, but hey, let’s make Sarah do the dirty work, her answers will be much more animated.
1. Have you heard the buzz about getting rid of the extra point? Are they allowed to change rules willy nilly? Is it because this point is as useless as the penny?
2. Is there a reason the position is called a tight-end, other than referring to the player’s hot derriere?
3. What is a special team? Red zone? Audible? Just words I hear thrown around a lot that are less than intuitive…
4. How are the teams for the Super Bowl chosen?
5. What is the point of fantasy football?
6. On a scale of 1 to crossing the line, how appropriate is it to ask your boyfriend what’s going on? The score? To grab you a drink during the game?
So I’m gonna keep on faking it every football season from hear to eternity…or until Sarah sets me straight. Hey better than in bed, am I right?